The below sugar cookie recipe is out of control delicious!! Best of all they were super easy to bake up and fun for the holidays. We filled these cookies in tins for our lovely postman and neighbors and they were definitely a hit. Happy baking, friends!
Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 2 cup butter, softened
- 2 ¼ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 6 cup flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- In a mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter, sugar, lemon zest, and vanilla until well mixed and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs and mix until incorporated.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients into the sugar/butter mixture. Beat just till incorporated.
- Chill dough about 20 minutes. Roll out to about ¼” thick (I prefer cookies thicker than normal) with a rolling pin, and cut out cookies with cookie cutter.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for about 8-10 minutes. You don’t want the cookies to turn golden at all.
Let cool completely.
*Note: roll out the dough on the thicker side so that the cookies don't bake super thin.
Recipe by: Lauren Conrad
- 3 tablespoons meringue powder
- 4 cups sifted confections' sugar
- 5 tablespoons water
- In a large bowl, beat all ingredients at medium speed of stand mixer until icing forms peaks and loses its sheen, 7-10 minutes. If using a hand mixer, beat at high speed 10-12 minutes. If peak are not forming, increase the mixer speed and continue to beat.
- Tp prevent drying, cover the bowl with a damp cloth while working with icing.
- Add food coloring for color
- Makes approximately 3 cups of icing
Recipe by: Wilton's Meringue Powder
Wishing you a very happy holiday!